Saturday, July 14, 2012

An Introductionary Tale

Hello!  I'm Laura, and this is the first time I've ever written a blog that is actually about something - other than my own emotions and teenage angst, and I had a surprising amount of that back in my heavy LiveJournaling days.  I'm very excited to start this blog, because during the last year or two, I've begun to think more and more about food, what to eat, how much to eat, where to get it, how to cook it, and last but certainly not least, how to get it cheaply.

So I am planning to have a few categories for my posts:

1. Recipes - I want to try new recipes and expand my cooking repertoire out from where it currently resides, which is in the neighborhood of "very limited."  I did not grow up cooking, I was not taught a whole lot by my mother or my grandmother or my aunt, so I am largely self-taught and am learning as I go.

2. Grocery Diary - I would like to catalogue how much money I spend on food per week, and how much I save.  I want to get more into couponing and bargain shopping and sale hunting, because people who do this save crazy amounts of money, and I know I can do that too, with a little research and guidance.

3. Healthy Food Tips - These posts will be just as much for me as they will be for any readers I may have (if not more so), since I have been trying to educate myself more and more on what is good for me, and what is not good for me, and in what quantities, etc. etc.  Just talking to people I know has made me realize how much confusion there is just surrounding the question of what is healthy and what is awful for you.

Other things like food and drink recommendations may slip in; we'll have to see how things play out.  But for now, these are the things I really want to explore, because if I can get educated in these areas, I believe I will feel at least a little bit better both physically and mentally.  And maybe you will, too, if you join me in my quest for delicious, cheap, healthy food :)

No comments:

Post a Comment